Best Double Jogger Stroller – Guide & Reviews
A comprehensive list of best double jogger stroller with great deals!
Parents have it tough. Being a parent is one of the most rewarding jobs on the planet. There’s so much joy that comes with having children.Sometimes, it’s like pulling teeth. Fighting against the grain is never fun. Looking around, I can see the struggle that parents put up with.I want to help. I want to make things a little easier for you, one step at a time. Let’s start with giving you the best, unbiased reviews on double jogging strollers.
Your Guide to the Best Double Jogger Stroller for You
When you buy a stroller – especially a double stroller – you need to make sure that you are getting the most for your money.You’re only going to buy one stroller, so why not make the most of your time by making the best decision for both you and your children?I’ve done the hard work, so you don’t have to. I looked at all of these strollers and I came up with the best strollers I can find to make things easier for you.
What to Look for and How to Make Your Choice
There was a lot to examine. As I poured over the feature of each stroller, I came up with this list to help you determine which stroller is best for you.That’s what it’s all about – helping you make the best decision for your situation, your habits and your lifestyle.Let’s get started.
The Size of the Stroller
No two strollers are made exactly the same. The size of the stroller has a lot to do with its maneuverability and how you’re going to store it.You’ve made the right choice – the right double stroller can be extremely easy to push and make your job as a parent much easier.Most people are between 5 feet and 6 feet in height. If you take half your height, it will measure about 3 feet or 36 inches.
The Weight of the Stroller
Most women have more strength in the lower half of their body than they do in their upper half. This makes the weight of the stroller crucial for you to consider.Pushing the stroller is easy – the weight has nothing to do with it.It’s when you need to take it upstairs, over a bump,threshold or lift it to store it in your vehicle that makes this so important.
You don’t need to lift the stroller for any long periods of time. However, when you’re going from store to store and taking it in and out of your vehicle, you need to be able to do it without hurting yourself.
Folding and Carrying
These strollers will fold so you can carry them. That makes the weight a little easier to bear. Plus, it makes it so it can fit in the trunk of your car.After all, how else are you going to transport it?Many of these strollers require you to remove one of the wheels to fold it all the way. Don’t worry – they don’t require any tools. It’s just something to consider.Some of these strollers are easier to fold than others. The final folding size will determine if you can carry it in your car and where you’re going to store in your house.
Fixed or Swivel Front Wheel
Some of these strollers come with a fixed front wheel, and some of them come with a front wheel that swivels.The difference lies in how you intend on using it.When you’re jogging with the stroller, it’s crucial that you have the front wheel locked in place. As a safety feature, it ensures that the wheel doesn’t wobble. When your wheel does not wobble, the chances of the stroller tipping over and causing injury are significantly reduced.
A fixed wheel is tougher to turn on a dime, but if you only intend on using the stroller to jog with, then you’ll be pleased to know that strollers that have a fixed wheel are less expensive.
Another safety feature you need to consider are the brakes. When you’re jogging, how the stroller applies the brake is important. It can keep your baby from experiencing the jolt from a sharp brake.There’s another type of brake on these strollers. It is a manual parking brake that keeps the stroller from rolling away when you let go of it.
Why would you let go of the stroller? Situations might include trips to the grocery store where you need to load the groceries in your car or every time that you walk around to the front of the stroller to unstrap your baby.
Your biggest consideration is how you intend on using the stroller.These strollers carry with them a bigger price tag than some of the cheaper strollers on the market. In return, your stroller will be built better. It will be easier to turn and easier to push.
If you intend on using the stroller for general transportation purposes, then I recommend you getting one with a swivel wheel. Make sure that it can lock so you can still go jogging with it. A swivel wheel makes maneuvering in stores, parking lots, and regular walks in your neighborhood much easier.The rubber wheels that come with these strollers are much more luxurious than the cheap, plastic ones that come on cheaper strollers.
Recommended Double Jogger Stroller Reviews
I’ve done my best to make sure that I can provide you with the best strollers for your money. I didn’t necessarily choose the one with the most features or the one that costs the most.I did this with you in mind. I wanted to make sure that you can make the most informed decision before you make your purchase. I wanted to make your life easier.
I looked at more strollers that those that are on this list. However, I was selective in which strollers made this list and which strollers didn’t make the cut. Here’s what I found.
This blue and gray stroller comes with a swivel wheel with an optional, manual lock. The aluminum framing makes it lightweight and easy to fold and carry. Each child gets their own tray – perfect for snacking. They didn’t leave out the parents either – there’s a parent tray with molded cup holders.
The included canopy has speakers designed for your phone – or any MP3 player, for that matter. It’s a perfect way to keep your children entertained for those longer jogging trips.
The wheels are made of rubber – a feature that comes with every jogging stroller. The front tire is smaller, making it easier to turn. It is a 12-inch front tire with two 16-inch rear tires.
What’s nice about this one is that it has a dual folding mechanism for when you want to fold the stroller. This makes it extremely safe as it prevents the stroller from accidentally folding when you don’t need it to.
- The stroller comes in at 32 x 28 x 15 inches.
- It weighs 52 pounds.
- By removing all three wheels, the stroller breaks down completely to fit it in the trunk of your car or in the hall closet of your home.
- This stroller features a front swivel wheel with the manual locking mechanism so you can lock it when you jog.
- Dual trigger folding mechanism, included canopy for rain and sun. The canopies can be moved up and down individually for each child.
- The weight capacity of your child is 50 pounds each, up to 100 pounds with two children. Ample space is provided underneath for storage.
Another classic design, this one comes in gray and green. The design is a little more basic as it only has a one canopy over the whole stroller textller instead of two canopies that can move individually from each other.It doesn’t include trays for the children.
Depending on your needs, this may be just what you looking for.It does come with a large basket underneath for storage and a front swivel wheel with a manual locking mechanism.
The foot operated rear brake is always a plus to see – it makes things much easier than manual hand brakes on each tire.The parent tray does come molded with 2 cup holders for bottles of water – a perfect way to stay hydrated while jogging.
A simpler design with fewer parts also means that it weighs a lot less – up to 20 pounds lighter than competing strollers (like that Schwinn that you see above).
- The stroller measures 27.8 x 14 x 32.5 inches.
- The stroller by itself weighs 37.8 pounds.
- It folds flat and is light enough to make picking it up and putting in your car an easy task.
- The stroller features a swivel wheel for everyday transportation with a manuallyfixed lock so you can still use it for jogging.
- The stroller features a foot-operated rear brake, weather canopy and five-point safety harness.
- Each of the children seats can recline individually – making it perfect for an afternoon nap.
The stroller is unique in that it has four wheels instead of three. It also has more features than one might expect in a standard double jogging stroller.
Right from the start, you can see that it includes a dual canopy so each child can pick a preference.
The children get their own trays – perfect for those longer shopping trips. Children can use it as a play table or you can use it as an impromptu snack table.
The parent tray includes two molded cup holders and a speaker system for your MP3 player.The five-point harness on each seat provides maximum safety and each seat reclines all the way back individually – perfect for afternoon naps.This particular model will accommodate two Baby Trend infant car seats.
That means you can buy this one early and graduate your child from the infant car seat to the stroller seat as your child grows.Each padded seat is designed so you can wipe up messes quickly and easily. The parking brakes will put your mind at ease for when you don’t want the stroller to go anywhere.
- This one’s slightly bigger, but not by much. It measures 33 x 16 x 33.5 inches.
- More accessories add a little more weight – this one weighs in at 48.5 pounds.
- This one also breaks down to a perfect size for your vehicle or your coat closet. It also stands up on its own when folded.
- The dual front wheels are swivel wheels with manual locks on them.
- Padded rubber handle, parking brake, five point harness, reflectors are located on the wheels and frame, and smooth rolling on all types of terrain.
- It has a large compartment underneath for storage, speakers for your MP3 player, the ability to handle two infant car seats and each child seat will wipe down easily.
The stroller is unique in that it allows you to change the features of the stroller as your family grows. It starts off as a single seat stroller, but it includes a second seat kit so you can add a bassinet or another seat when you’re ready.
It folds flat and stands up on its own when folded.The stroller is capable of accommodating over 16 different combinations to suit the needs of your family.
It includes a telescoping handlebar so there’s no strain when you need to push the stroller.It’s interesting to note that the City Select stroller is not a jogging stroller. It is for everyday use for pushing around the city. Many people don’t live in areas where cars are necessary, so Baby Jogger thought of that.It’s made out of 100 percent polyester – making it easy to wipe up spills with as they happen.
- This City Select stroller measures 43.5 x 25.8 x 38.5 inches.
- This City Select stroller measures 43.5 x 25.8 x 38.5 inches.
- The front wheel has to be disassembled from the frame, but you can you can do it with one hand and no tools. It folds flat and will stand up on its own when folded.
- The front wheels swivel and will not lock. This is not a jogging stroller.
- It features Quick-FoldTechnology so you canfold it in one step, a telescoping handlebar, front wheel suspension and quick release wheels
- Although this stroller allows parents to install different combinations, extra car seats, bassinets, and other accessories are sold separately.
Jog in style with this blue and gray stroller – perfect for active parents. This bright blue stroller will stand out in the early morning dawn. It features reflectors on the wheels make it even easier to be seen.
The oversized rubberized molded grip and a locking front wheel make it easy to go on those early morning jogs.
Underneath, you’ll find plenty of storage space for larger items and a tray for the parents to store smaller items – such as your phone, keys, MP3 player and more. It also has two molded cup holders to keep you hydrated while you’re on the run.
It has two canopies that fold up and down individually of each other – it makes things easier because the children won’t be fighting about having a canopy up or down.Reclining padded seats with a five-point harness offers the best in its safety for your children.
- Believe it or not, this stroller is smaller than some of the others, measuring in at 28 x 16 x 35 inches.
- The smaller size means it also weighs less, weighing in at 36.6 pounds.
- It features a dual-trigger folding mechanism and folds flat. Its lightweight makes it easy to put in your trunk.
- The single front wheel swivels with a manual locking mechanism.
- Bright colors, reflective pieces on the wheel, a five-point harness, the dual-trigger folding mechanism and the parking brake will keep you and your baby safe.
- Molded parent tray, oversized storage compartment and optional weather shields for your children are available.
This is the stroller you want when you want to go jogging. In fact, that’s what it was designed for. The front wheel does not swivel – but that’s OK. When you’re jogging, you do not want the front wheel to swivel. A swiveling wheel runs the danger of turning quickly and unexpectedly at high speeds. This can cause a stroller to tip over.
This is not designed to be used for everyday transportation. It’s possible, but not ideal. The reflective material makes it perfect for jogging in the early morning hours.
The padded seats each come with a five-point harness, and they recline to help keep your baby asleep.It folds quickly and easily with the standard dual-trigger mechanism that InStep installs on most of their strollers. That means that the stroller will not fold unexpectedly – an essential safety feature.
- This double jogger measures in at 32 x 28 x 13 inches.
- This is heavier than some of the other strollers, weighing in at 43 pounds.
- The stroller folds flat and will fit in the trunk your car or in your hall closet.
- The front wheel is fixed – it will not swivel. It is designed for jogging and not everyday use.
- The fixed wheel of this jogging stroller is a safety feature. Other features include the reflective material, the dual-trigger folding mechanism, the five-point harness system and the oversized rubber grip.
- It features a tray for the parents – not the children. As a parent, you will benefit from two molded cup holders and compartments for your phone and keys. It has two canopies that will fold individually of each other. Weather shields and bug shields are sold separately for this stroller.
This stylish looking stroller features six wheels for the ultimate in stability. The black color means that it will block more light – making it easier for your child sleep.
Speaking of sleep, the padded seats recline to a nearflat position so your child can sleep in comfort.
Each child seat comes with its own canopy that can be raised and lowered individually from each other.
The front wheels have a suspension system, making the ride even smoother.The sun canopies have windows in them – a safety feature for you, and a fun feature for your child.
Patented technology makes it easy for you to fold the stroller and one step. When you’re holding a baby in one arm, you can fool the stroller with the other.Or, if you prefer, simply put on the foot-operated parking brake to keep the stroller from moving at all.
- It’s a double stroller, but it’s more compact than others on the market, measuring in at 38.6 x 29.9 x 41.5 inches.
- Because of the smaller size, this stroller weighs less than most, coming in at 26.5 pounds. That’s half of some of the others.
- It folds flat without the need to disassemble the tires. It will also stand upright when folded.
- The wheels swivel and will not lock. This is not a jogging stroller. It is designed for everyday use.
- The stroller features an autolock that will keep the stroller folded when closed. The stroller will fold in one step, making it easier than ever. The five-point harness system, reclining seats, the front wheel suspension system and the canopy make it easy for your child to fall asleep and stay asleep – even when you’re jogging.
- It has a large compartment underneath the seats. This is not a jogging stroller – the front wheel will not lock.
This is another stroller designed specifically for jogging. The front wheel is fixed and will not swivel or turn easily – a feature you need while jogging. Although it is possible to use for general transportation, it’s not easy or convenient.
The stroller features a bicycle-style handbrake to stop the stroller smoothly without locking up or causing whiplash.
The bright red reflective material eliminates the need for reflectors on the wheel – it’s easy to see in the early morning hours.It is an all-terrain vehicle for your child with the dual-shock system in the back tires, providing for a smoother ride. Your child will fall asleep and stay sleep with the padded, reclining seats with a five-point harness system.The oversized, rubberized grip provides the best in slip resistance.When folding, the front wheel has a quick-release, tool-less mechanism to make it easy.
- The size is pretty standard for a double jogger, measuring in at 34 x 28 x 11 inches.
- The stroller is up to 15 pounds lighter than the competition, weighing in at 36 pounds.
- The stroller folds flat for a vehicle or closet storage. The front wheel must be disassembled with the quick-release, tool-less mechanism.
- This is a jogging stroller – not designed for general transportation. The front wheel is locked in place and will not swivel.
- Safety features include the oversize arise grip, the locked front wheel, the five-point harness child seat with canopy, the red reflective material, and the bicycle-style handbrake. It also features the standard dual-trigger folding mechanism.
- The padding is polyester and water resistant. The canopy and body material is made to be reflective. It still has an oversized storage compartment at the bottom and a parking brake.
This high-class stroller looks handsome with its black finish it sitting on a silver frame. As another City Select stroller from Baby Jogger, it has the ability to be configured into 16 different unique combinations and will accommodate two children.
It may start off as a single stroller, but the ability to hold two children on the same frame is the reason why it made this list.
The patented technology from Baby Jogger enables you to stroller and one easy step.With many strollers, the reclining seat position is either all the way up or all the way back. With this stroller, you can pick and choose how far you want the seat to recline. The five-point harness system will ensure that your child stays in place.
This is a four wheel stroller. The wheels do not lock in place – this is not a jogging stroller. However, the wheels are still pneumatic, all-terrain wheels.
- The stroller comes in at 28.7 x 20.9 x 10.6 inches.
- You’ll be pleased to know that the stroller not only folds well but only weighs 28 pounds.
- This is stroller folds flat without the need to disassemble any of the wheels and will stand up on its own when folded.
- This is not a jogging stroller. As such, the front wheels will not lock.
- Although not a jogging stroller, the wheels are still pneumatic – perfect for all sorts of terrains while still providing a smooth ride. The folding mechanism allows you to fold the stroller in one smooth step. The canopy has a little window in it – a crucial feature for you, and a fun feature for your child.
- This stroller still features an oversized handle and plenty of compartment space underneath. Extra bassinets, car seats, and child seats are sold separately – all part of the 16 different configurations built into the stroller.
The final verdict comes down to the type of stroller that you’re looking for. If you’re on your first child and wish to plan for the future, then one of the City Select strollers will allow the stroller to grow as your family grows.If jogging is your thing, then choose one of the fixed wheel strollers from InStep. As Schwinn owns InStep, its reliability is unsurpassed.
If you want the best of both worlds, then you need one with a swivel wheel with the ability to lock it. They all come with canopies as a standard feature. Many of these strollers have insect netting and rain shields designed for them by the manufacturer. These are sold separately but are available.
If I were to choose one stroller, I would recommend one of the Safari strollers from InStep. Not only can I lock the wheel, but it seats two children, comes with canopies, and I can always purchase extra accessories. Having personally used a jogging stroller, I can say with confidence that it is well worth the money over cheaper designs. They turn easier, push easier and are fun to use.
Getting ready to fishing? This comprehensive list for fishing lover is designed to help you from forgetting anything important!